Education- Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Medicinal Chemistry at the University of Washington (Seattle, WA)
- Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry from The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH)
- M.S. in Organic Chemistry from Stony Brook University (Stony Brook, NY)
- Honors B.S. in Chemistry from Stony Brook University (Stony Brook, NY)
- NSF-REU Fellowship at University of California (Santa Cruz, CA)
- Pfizer Fellowship at Stony Brook University (Stony Brook, NY)
- Undergraduate coursework also completed at New York University (New York, NY)
ExperienceI have been educated in the U.S. and Canada from elementary school all the way through graduate school. I am a native English-speaker and have attended, taught, or worked at five different universities in the United States.
- Over 15 years of experience tutoring and teaching General Chemistry and Organic Chemistry and Organic Lab courses at various colleges and universities
- Former MCAT Organic Chemistry Instructor
- Interdisciplinary experience in Bioorganic Chemistry, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, and Medicinal Chemistry
- Recipient of fellowships from the National Institutes of Health, National Science Foundation, and Pfizer
- Customized tutoring for each student
- One-on-one sessions - Learn at your pace
- Challenging, unique questions created to test your understanding
- Thorough preparation for exams
HobbiesI currently work in the pharmaceutical industry synthesizing active pharmaceutical ingredients. My work allows me to use my chemistry knowledge and presents new and exciting challenges every day! I have always had an interest in teaching and enjoy tutoring. I have an excellent track record with helping students set realistic goals and meeting or exceeding those goals. I am committed to working with you!
Client Reviews (7)
Amit helped our son with Chemistry 2 in college. Our son was failing chemistry and was ready to drop the class. We found Amit and he truly saved or son from failing and quitting on himself. He took a personal interest in our son and helped him succeed and pass the class. The day our son got his final grade he sent a text to Amit thanking him for all he did.
Amit was professional, and covered alot of information without son (AP Chem). He is extremely knowledgeable and knows AP coursework well so he was a tremendous help! I would highly recommend him.
We hired Amit to tutor our son in AP Chemistry and also to prepare him for his freshman year College Chemistry coursework. Amit was able to work wonders with our son and exceeded all of our expectations. He was punctual and flexible with scheduling. He made time in his busy schedule to accommodate some additional tutoring that our son wanted for his final exams. We plan on continuing to use Amit for our son's future. We would highly recommend his services! He is really an incredible guy!
Amit has been excellent, extremely flexible in schedule, top knowledge in subject matter, communication & instruction fantastic.
I am taking organic chemistry 2 at the college level and have been working with Amit for several months. Amit not only is incredibly knowledgeable about all of chemistry, and he can also teach it to you in a way that you will understand. He is exceptionally gifted at breaking down complex concepts into easy to understand facts. He will help you understand and organize the immense amount of information that is expected to know for class. I could not do it with out him. I would recommend Amit to anyone!
Amit is very helpful and extremely knowledgeable. He helped me improve 2 letter grades in my OChem class. He encourages you to think and shows you how to approach problems so you don't freeze on exams. I owe him a lot - without his help, I would've kissed my med school dreams goodbye! He is awesome!
Amit is an INCREDIBLE chemistry tutor! I am a University of Michigan graduate who decided to go back to school to take premed classes, and even after comparing Amit to all of my U of M professors, I consider him the best. There is no way I could have gotten an A in organic chemistry without him! He's without a doubt one of the smartest, most professional, kindest, and hardest-working teachers I have ever known. He is always on time, amazing at explaining difficult concepts, and is always pushing me and encouraging me to work harder. I am a young professional with high expectations, and it's not often that someone exceeds them, but Amit blew them out of the water. He would even create practice exams for me to give me even more practice problems to prepare for the exams. He really goes above and beyond, and he deserves the highest remarks possible. I highly recommend Amit to any student who needs help in chemistry at any level, high school, college, or graduate school. Thank you so much for all of your help, Amit! You're the greatest!
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.